OMAHA, NEB. – A recent survey conducted by Zitter Health Insights shows Amber Pharmacy, a subsidiary of Hy-Vee, Inc. based in Omaha, Nebraska, ranks the highest out of all specialty pharmacies in the U.S. in the area of patient satisfaction with pharmacy employees.
The Zitter Health Insights survey allows specialty pharmacies to objectively assess how they are perceived by their patients as well as how they compare to competitor performance. The survey assessed numerous aspects of patient satisfaction and garnered responses from more than 3,000 patients across 38 American specialty pharmacies. Amber Pharmacy’s pharmacists, nurses, pharmacy technicians and billing department scored 100 percent while its customer service representatives scored 95 percent.
Amber Pharmacy President Aaron Wiese attributes the positive results to the hard work and compassion of the company’s staff. “At Amber Pharmacy, we live our company values of integrity, compassion, reliability and respect every day,” said Wiese. “These results further demonstrate our focus on patient-centered care.”
One of the key components of the survey is the Net Promoter Score (NPS) – an index of 1 to 100 that measures patients’ willingness to recommend their pharmacy to others. Amber Pharmacy’s NPS across all categories was 74. This score is the second highest of all pharmacies assessed and 23 points higher than the average of all specialty pharmacies evaluated in the survey including CVS Health, Walgreens and Accredo, among others.
In order to determine the NPS, patients were specifically asked on a scale of 0 to 10 how likely they would be to recommend a friend/family member to Amber Pharmacy. Approximately 65 percent of patients rated Amber Pharmacy a “10,” and 17 percent of patients gave Amber Pharmacy a rating of “9,” resulting in a total of 82 percent of patients giving Amber Pharmacy the highest rating possible.
Results were also disclosed for individual therapeutic categories. Among all pharmacies, Amber Pharmacy led the transplant category with an NPS of 83, and is among the top two pharmacies in the oncology and rheumatoid arthritis categories.
The survey was conducted between Aug. 1 and Oct. 24.
About Amber Pharmacy
Amber Pharmacy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, Inc., is a pioneer in the specialty pharmacy industry with nearly 20 years of experience providing specialized care for patients with chronic, complex conditions. Amber has built an outstanding reputation by taking the time to understand each client’s needs and providing personalized support and quality clinical care. This thorough approach helps support the medical, emotional, financial, and administrative needs of patients throughout the United States. For more information, visit amberpharmacy.com.
Jo Ann Hyres
888.370.1724 ext. 1032